Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fashion pet peeves: I've got em.

I saw two girls at school today who were wearing cute flowery little boutiquey dresses like this:


But with mismatched pattern Lululemon hoodies zipped up over them like this:


and one girl had birkenstocks on too... Wearing too many trendy expensive things never looks good, sorry, but you don't look like you paid $500 dollars for your outfit!

Another thing (we can blame it on Kanye) is the nerdy glasses without glass. There's a girl at school who is always wearing a pair, they look cute until you notice there's no glass, then they look kind of silly. I know it's hard to find glasses with glass that has no vision alteration, but in the end you look smarter with no glasses then in glasses without glass. Sorry if there was too many "glasses" in there, just needed to get these peeves of my back!

5 comments:

bobb said...

Nerdy glasses without glass makes me think of Carol Shelyne, who was a dancer on the 60's music show Shindig, and appeared in a couple of "beach" movies. I can't find a decent picture online. She even made a record called "The Girl in the Horned Rimmed Glasses" - not very good, but not terrible - and a complete flop.

Emma said...

Wow the dress is so cute, but with a lululemon hoodie...uhhhh

I agree, wearing a whole bunch of expensive things doesn't really do your outfit any justice. Better to find nice less expensive pieces that look good together.

Love your blog its fab!

josie said...

hahaha! i have never seen anyone under the age of 60+ (apart from the models in the campaigns) wearing birkenstocks. i really, really hate them.
i quite like the nerdy glasses, but it annoys me when you don't see people WITHOUT them and they just wear them all the time. ugh.
and pretty dresses deserve pretty cardigans! not fugly hoodies.
grrrr.
x x x x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

glasses/sunglasses in general seem hard to pull off without subscribing to a grody trend. ew, and hoodies are rough, especially the cheap ones that smell really bad after one wash.

Anna G said...

That dress was cute until you gave me that visual. I don't understand why people that don't need glasses feel a need to wear them. You are not cute!

One pet peeve of mine are when girls wear flip flops with nice clothes. Those are only acceptable for beach wear and I live no where near a beach.