Wednesday, April 22, 2009

there's a burglar in the bedroom while you're fiddling in the parlour

I am the most impractical person I know, I stumbled out of bed half an hour late and decided to take a nice long shower, boil the tea, nutella the toast anyway. Looking outside I decided it was just foggy, and dressed in the most inappropiate outfit for the heavy rain and wind I would discover.. by the time I arrived to philosophy half an hour late my hair was twice its size, my shoes and tights were soaked, I was constantly fearful my bum was showing beneath my short skirt...
philosophy we watched bits of Luther. and I am right! It's the same actor who was Shakespeare (Shakespeare in Love) playing the revolutionary monk. The movie reminded me a bit too much of Monty Python bits though. Anyways in the afternoon we performed our school production of Music Man for junior high kids, most unresponsive audience ever. Only half of them clapped.

value village shoes, hue tights, skirt by me, cape by Lida Baday
Lida Baday is a beautiful Canadian designer... I wish she had a website. It's so annoying when designers don't have websites. The things I do own come from my parents' friend who works for her. Being the only few higher end pieces I own I can stare at the workmanship for hours. amazing.
Most of her things I'm finding online are boring, but this and the jacket I own aren't, they're classic pieces with a twist.

Along the lines of inspiration, the character Enid from Ghost World is amazing. (The one with the dark hair)




The pictures don't do it justice... just see the movie.

11 comments:

bobb said...

I can relate to dressing wrong . Thinking of all the times I put a windbreaker on because it's only supposed to shower lightly and I end up with wet plastic clinging to my skin.

Ah The Music Man. I once found an LP of Meredith and Rina Willson discussing The Music Man and singing bits from it.

Ghost World is great. As a record collector, I really enjoyed Seymour.

Emlyn said...

Ah the Music Man, it's a very strange little musical, but it's really grown on me.
Good characters are what really makes a movie memorable for me, Seymour is a great character.

Anonymous said...

do I spy a purple polo with a trash can on it? I'd wear that in a second.
I love your cape! classic with a twist always seems to work

Anonymous said...

p.s., glad you're back. It seems like it's been a while:)

Amelia said...

Impractical maybe, but at least your outfit is really cute. I love the cape and the shoes!

I need to see Ghost World. It seems many bloggers are writing about Enid lately, so she must be pretty darn cool. She wear a batman mask, after all.

Mary said...

Okay, that outfit is fantastic. FANTASTIC. I love the heavy top and the slim bottoms... your proportions are like the most fashionable math ever....

I need to watch Ghost World. Sometime months from now when you'v forgotten about it.

ps: my word is "agric" It made me smile!

AFitz said...

That coat, those tights, that skirt!!! But especially that coat. wonderful outfit.

I made a tribute to Enid on my blog http://inspireattire.blogspot.com !

Alice said...

you look adorable :)

what did you do to your hair here?

Sylvia said...

Aboslutely love your outfit! Love the skirt, tights, jacket--everything.

Emma said...

Hey nice blog! Cool to see a fellow Canadian in the blogosphere, i've linked you on my blog :)

keira antoia rose said...

Great outfit. I constantly dress wrong for the weather. I'll have to see that movie!

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com