Friday, June 26, 2009

Prom

There was a bit of a hiatus due to the fact that it is June, the busiest month of my life.
One of those busy things was Prom! 
I decided to make my own dress, I had lots of beautiful turquoise silk and wanted a more classic look. I decided to use a pattern, because though I had several ideas I didn't want to pressure myself making a dress from scratch... I managed to find a perfect pattern though, this retro design from butterick.. 
The silk I was working with was probably lighter then what would be recommended, and I managed to finish making a crinoline the day of prom, but I was quite happy with the results. 

Prom itself was pretty mediocre, the food was okay, and the music so loud that I ended up with a bit of a headache by the end of the night, though the dancing was fun. We also danced to Billy Jean in memory of Michael Jackson, who I still can't really belive passed away. RIP.
My favorite part was just meeting my friends for pictures.

We didn't consult each other, but we all ended up with the same colour palate! 


Definitely ready to say goodbye to high school, there were some fantastic individuals I was very lucky to have met, but I am just glad to finally leave!

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Can't believe you made your dress! It's beautiful. And I love that no one else can have one like it.

Sunshine said...

what a gorogeous pattern and beautiful results! that color is great on you, and i love the soft neck gathers.
can't wait to read the rest of your blog!!

bobb said...

A very nice dress there - and congrats on finishing high school:)

Annie said...

it's so, so, so cool that you made your prom dress! the color is gorgeous on you. and it's so funny that you and all your friends coordinated - i hope that happens at my prom, it will make for excellent pictures!

Anonymous said...

your dress is gorgeous!
the colour is really, really lovely.

AFitz said...

Wow, you MADE that?

Anonymous said...

where've ya been?

alexis said...

thank you so much! I'll get going away to college.