I watched The Circus the other day again, one of my favourite Charlie Chaplin films. The lead actress Merna Kennedy is beautiful. I looked up more about her and she died sadly of a heart attack when she was 36.
I find twenties beauties more inspiring then that of any other decade, they embraced their curves, beautiful round faces, wavy bobs, and had perfect lips with a bit of character.



5 comments:
... ... Is... Is.... She rocking two tone tights?! Or is it just shadowing... Hmmmm. Either way, I'm smitten. I want a pAir!
I've never seen "The Circus" but I plan to watch it this week:).
Wonderful ,funny and touching film. Myrna Kennedy was certainly lovely and talented..and she was married to Busby Berkley! I'm looking for more films she was in. Thanks for the recommendation!
I'm so glad you liked it! Not enough people appreciate the silent film. I hope you have or plan to see other Chaplin films as well.
Speaking of silent films, I was wondering if you had ever seen "Passion of Joan of Arc". It's amazing,and as heavy duty a film as there is.
http://www.youtube.com/user/passionofjoanofarc4u
Post a Comment