Sunday, January 11, 2009

Exams have got me down. I cannot WAIT until these gosh darn essays and quadratic formulas leave me alone. Next semester I have History, French, Philosophy and Art... which I'm hoping will be really nice. Nothing sciency or mathy. I'm really excited about my next art assignment which is to paint in the style and subject matter of a well known artist... I'm going to do Chagall.
Flying lovers, animals, violins... When I was little I used to look at a book we had of Marc Chagall paintings all the time, I love them.

Fashion wise I've been pretty uninspired. I got a lot of clothes for christmas, but unfortunately my grandmothers neighbor is somehow involved in the distribution of a label called Pudding Jeans so she got mad discounts, and from that website you might be able to deduce it's not my style... I'm trying to decide what to do with all these jeans with flares and ridiculous embellished pockets... one pair is bright red too. Oh god.

But I did get this cardigan from my grandmother for christmas, it's not something I would normally pick out, but it's kind of cute so I decided to wear it.Cardigan: via grandma, Shirt: AA, Skirt: Handmade, Boots: Vintage LL Bean
I really want to remake this skirt in a thin suiting fabric, maybe in a dove gray so you can see the creases more clearly... the opening is also a little messed up, and it's on the right side. Oops. It was inspired by an Austrian designer of which I can't remember the name. I really hope to find it again. Also, LL Bean made really fashionable boots once??? I can't picture these boots going camping. I've had to have them repaired three times, but they're so perfect because they go with everything.

I was just wishing winter would go away, but then today lovely soft flakes started falling down and I was enchanted again. I am feeling increasingly frustrated with a lack of inspiration recently, but florals in the winter always cheer me up.
Pashmina: My mother bought it for me in Germany, Jacket: Lida Baday, Dress: Vintage, Boots: The same
This Lida Baday jacket is amazing... it's of really simple but original design, and besides being a little too short is incredibly warm. It makes me feel a lot more "chic" then my dumpy pea coat. My aunt claims that my dress fabric was used in curtains in the 60s.
Anyways I have to go write a speech for English, have a lovely sunday.

No comments: