Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Like... Sundays

I like..
Draco Malfoy
Particularly what he wears in the Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry sneaks up on him in his invisibility cloak in Hogsmeade and freaks him out, the only photo I can find of it to date is:
Though I did find a cool picture of Tom Felton on Halloween:
I guess what I'm trying to say in general is that I like fur hats:

And this old photo from Garbage Dress has convinced me that since my hair is as curly as Zana's, it is entirely possible for me to wear a fur hat. I found a beautiful one for $45 the other week, but I'm holding out to see if one will come my way for cheaps or for free (I find everything comes to me if I wait long enough) and I'd feel a lot better about the "fur" part if it is cheap or free (and vintage). Though I guess I shouldn't wait too long otherwise I will look like a fakey hipster who missed the train to cool-ville because lately it seems like everyone likes fur hats... and the fact that spring SHOULD be here before I know it (I am praying).

Fur hats remind me of Russia which reminds me of Dr. Zhivago and how though I have not seen it all the way through, I enjoy the costumes immensely.

This reminded me of an editorial in Teen Vogue a few years ago that was set in St. Petersburg, and while I searched in vain for it (please let me know where I can find it!) I found some Teen Vogue editorials from the early 2000's (i.e. 2000-3), they appeal to me because now I find Teen Vogue always goes over the top. Here and here. Currently looking for more.

Ghost World-esque styling with diagonal stripes done right. Yes please.

A leather tie with studs?? YES

I want that skirt, considering making a more modest version.

I wish I had those heels with the bows for prom...

Colour!

Just awesome.
What do you like?

3 comments:

worn fashion journal said...

Those bow shoes are awesome.

Vanessa said...

I haven't seen most of the HP movies (and I didn't read the last two books-- oops!), but looks like Draco is pretty much a cutie!

I don't want to be preachy, but I hope you'll at least consider a faux fur hat.

<3

Rianna said...

I looovve fur hats!! they keep your ears toasty!!
Rianna xxxxxx