
This is from a sort of photoshoot/tea party with my friends
flats: Sears (via Grandmother)
dress:United Colors of Benetton (2nd hand via Clothes Horse $14)
cape: Lida Baday (gift)
sunglasses: Thank you sidewalk!

Sitting in People's Park with Mary
skirt: Hand me down from Mary
shirt: American Apparel
cardigan: Frenchies in Truro

Sitting on Spring Garden with Mary
shirt: American Apparel
pants: a pair of my father's jeans that no longer fit him, I will have to get a better picture of them, they are awesome. Father's pants are the new boyfriend jeans.
bag: My mother's old one, handmade in Nova Scotia

First truly beautiful day in June, I had just finished my last exam. My friend Tess takes really beautiful photos.
dress: Miss Selfridge (2nd hand via Elsie's for $2)
bag: Value Village


These photos are from a photoshoot in the summer with my cousins... killing time
leotard: My aunts closet, I took it home with me. Waiting for the perfect party to wear it to.
skirt: My mother bought this one for me 4 years ago and I gave it to my cousins because I thought it didn't fit... really I was trying to force it around my hips and just hadn't discovered the awesomeness of high waisted skirts.

Rompers are a weird weird piece of apparel. I didn't like them until my friend got rid of this one... ended up wearing it quite a lot over the summer. This is from Mary's trip to Antigonish, we're coming back from the Op Shop, land of clothing for a quarter.
romper: American Apparel
sandals: crazy cheap jelly gladiators from Antigonish's downtown 'little bit of everything' store. I wasn't going to buy a pair of gladiators, but I figured black jelly ones were far better then the leather studded ones EVERYONE wore this summer.
sunglasses: vintage RayBans via ebay. If you get wayfarers, do it right and go with RayBan, the lenses are so good for protecting your eyes.

Here I am in a house my uncle is renovating, when I bought the acid wash skirt how could I NOT dress like Desperately Seeking Susan?
acid wash skirt: Op Shop... 25 cents!
necklace: an awesome celtic looking cross belonging to my 12 year old cousin that he wears when playing fantasy sword fights. Little boys are so cool.

Coming back from the beach, had just purchased the coat and was trying it out on this slightly chilly summer day.
coat: French Connection

I went to Evolve, a east coast hippie music festival for three hours, would have gone longer but I had to work.
dress: quite possibly the article of clothing I wore the most over the summer, so comfortable and flattering... the best thing is that it has pockets! From Elsie's $2 bin.

First party in the fall when I got back home... pardon the slightly crazed drunk face.
shirt: Old Navy? I was genuinely surprised they produced something this pretty in 100% silk on sale for $6

Day after that party, me and Mary decided to venture out to see the new H&M in the mall
scarf: gift from my mother when she came back from Germany
jacket: Lida Baday (gift)
sweater: father
skirt: Lace pencil skirt? Who designs these things? My aunt gave this to me, it has no tag but it is amazingly versatile.
leggings: Margolian's in Truro, the best department store in Nova Scotia

Me with a friend at Value Village, laughing at Halloween costumes.
jacket: Lida Baday
shirt: Banana Republic
pants: H&M. These were the only thing I liked in the entire store... everything else looked and was cheap.

Thanksgiving weekend, seeing one of my best friends home from Toronto for the weekend.
shirt: This is my favourite t-shirt because it has naked cats screenprinted on it. What more do you need? From local screenprinters Wooden Bullets.
skirt: caramel corduroy made by me that very afternoon
tights: Club Monaco
socks: thigh high black socks are far too hard to find, this is my only pair and my aunt sent them from London England. They also used to have green bows on the back. Having been looking around for more for AGES, but I don't think I have ever come across a plain pair at any price.

Going for a walk at Herring Cove with some friends.
boots: my mother got these from my great aunt after she passed away. They are truly the best boots and I can't find a pair anywhere nearly as good.
tights: Pretty Things Boutique
skirt: Mary bought this from the $2 bin at Elsies, we're sharing it. I always feel so Nova Scotian when I wear it.
jacket: Lida Baday

Most recent picture of me, taken by Mary. She has taken the majority of pictures here as well.. quite the photographer.
coat: Borrowed from Mary, it is adorable
mittens: Newfoundland!
boots: you can't really see them but they're laced up black ones I've had for years.
Sorry if that was quite the overload of photos of myself, but hopefully that gives you an honest impression of what I wear and what my style is. Especially since none of these photos excluding the photoshoot ones were taken with the intent of preserving the outfit. Hopefully I will somehow find time within all the school work to do some blogging a little more consistently. Until then!

4 comments:
hurrah, she has returned! you have such fantastic style. sérieusement. and i know you must get this all the time, but your hair is nothing short of fantastic. i sort of clothegasmed at every single thing you posted here - leather bag! boots! sheer thingy! and i love that so many of your clothes are hand-me-downs. those are the best.
welcome back!
madame, your hair is a thing of beauty...
xoxo
Yay! you're back! Love all the outfits and you have really nice hair!
xoxo
Your outfits and your hair are excellent!
Post a Comment